Netgear is one of the leading names in the manufacture of the networking and internet products. Netgear delivers the most reliable and trustworthy products. Since its inception, Netgear is continuously converting our day to day activities into the production of technical products. Netgear produces some of the best wireless routers. Besides the routers, Netgear also has some vast range of other products that include Wi-Fi range repeaters, Home cameras, security equipment and power adapters etc. The users can log in to the Netgear extender through the link http://mywifiext.net.
What is a Netgear Wi-Fi extender?
The extender is a device that extends and boosts the wireless signal connectivity of your existing wireless router. The extender is needed in the place where the signal connectivity of the router is poor or low. The Netgear Wi-Fi extender is used to eliminate the dead zones in our home or office. The dead zone is an area where the Wi-Fi signal range is the lowest. Therefore, to optimize the utilization of a wireless router, an extender is used. The Netgear wifi extender also needs to be configured before its use. Netgear has created a web domain for this purpose i.e. www.mywifiext.net. The users need to log in to the extender setup portal through this link.
Setting up a Netgear wifi extender through www.mywifiext.net
The Netgear Wi-Fi range extender setup is a user-friendly process. Users can easily setup their extender by following the steps mentioned below.
- Open the extender and assemble the components. Connect your Netgear Wi-Fi extender to the power supply through the wall socket.
- Switch on the power supply and you will see the lights blinking on the indicator panel. Wait for the lights on it to get stable.
- Navigate to the Available wireless networks in the bottom right portion of the window.
- There, you will see several wireless networks, select the Netgear extender setup and connect your computer to it. This wireless network will be open and you can connect to it without a password.
- Now, after connecting to the extender, Open your web browser and enter the web address www.mywifiext.net in the address bar and hit the enter key.
- Enter the password for the extender. The default value for the passkey is “admin”.
- After the authentication, you will get the access to the extender setup portal. There you will see some options, go to the wireless settings tab.
- Select the existing wireless network that you want to extend from the list of available networks.
- Click Apply and Save changes tab and your router and the extender will get a reboot. The reboot will take a little time of yours.
- Wait for the devices to reboot properly and make sure that the reboot process is not interrupted at any cost or else the wireless router will not be extended.
In this way, your Netgear Wi-Fi extender is appended to your existing wireless router which will, in turn, enhance and boost up your wireless network ensuring that all the dead zones in your wireless cover are removed.
Important hack– Make sure the Netgear extender is placed in the halfway distance from your Netgear router and the device. This is the ideal place for keeping your extender device. Also, make sure that there is the least number of obstacles in between the router and the device so that the Wi-Fi extender can be used optimally.